Something wonderful happened today! I received a letter from an 8th grader in Ohio. She read an article about uterus transplants and wanted to write to someone affected by MRKH. It’s part of a class assignment on current events. Here are her questions:
- I was wondering what it is like to have MRKH.
- Are there many medical problems involved with this disease?
- Would you be interested in getting a uterus transplant?
- Are there many people living with the disease?
- Do you think that uterus transplants will become popular among people with MRKH?
- Is there any way to treat MRKH besides the uterus transplant?
I can’t begin to describe the feelings. It’s goosebumps and elation and knowing that an entire class of 8th graders will have heard about MRKH.
Thank you to all of the MRKH Community for taking 10 days to spread awareness, to create videos, send in pictures, stories and poems. You are changing the WORLD!